New Discussion юеВ

Re: Aruba 2920 triple Stack Trunk Status

SOLVED
Go to solution
nettec
Occasional Advisor

Aruba 2920 triple Stack Trunk Status

Good morning everybody

I actually have a simple question. I searched the WWW about this, but I didn't find alot of solutions. The ones that I found were not helping me. I have set up a Switch stack with three Aruba 2920 48G switches. Now I want to trunk some ports together for an VMWare esxi enviroment. 

Is it possible to get a view of a single trunk via ssh? Because all I get is the complete view of all trunks with command "show trunk", which not gets me a very clear sight on single trunks:

I tried commands like "show trunk trk6" or "show trunking trk6", nothing worked. 

I would be very thankful for any ideas to this.

Best regards

Cedric

14 REPLIES 14
parnassus
Honored Contributor

It should.

Via CLI, once entered into the Manager Level (prompt will be a #), with commands like:

• show trunks <port-list> (it shows the Port Trunking status of specified <port-list>, where <port-list> is optional)
  • show lacp (it shows data for LACP configured ports, if any <-- if you haven't LACP Port Trunks but only No Protocol Port Trunks the show lacp command is not useful)

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
nettec
Occasional Advisor

Hey Parnassus

Thank you for your reply. I already found this command, but it only shows me if a port is member of a trunk. What I want is to list all members of a trunk. Going throu all ports and see what trunk they are member of is a little bit troublesome.

Is it really possible that there is no command for listing all members of a trunk?

Best regards

Cedric

parnassus
Honored Contributor

It's hard for me to follow your request: I mean, are you working with Static Port Trunking (Non Protocol = No IEEE802.3ad LACP) or what?

If so (and I think - hope not to be wrong here - you're doing thing that way - Non Protocol Port Trunking - if you're playing with VMware ESXi and VSS, that setup requires Non Protocol Port Trunking switch side) then the show trunks command shows exactly what your switch has in terms of Port Trunking, respectively:

• Eight (8) Interfaces 1/15, 1/16, 2/14, 2/15, 2/16, 3/14, 3/15 and 3/16 are all members of Port Trunk group 6 (LAG6, BAGG6, Trk6, call it the way you like...).
  • Three (3) Interfaces 1/A1, 2/A1 and 3/A1 are all members of Port Trunk group 60 (LAG60, BAGG60, Trk60, call it the way you like...).
  • You have Two (2) Port Trunks actually defined: Trk6 and Trk60.

That's all. Static trunk means non protocol port trunking...so the (more informative) show lacp command will show you nothing because LACP is not used at all in those trunks' definition.

Am I wrong? Have I misunderstood your request?

Have your read the Port Trunking chapter of the HPE ArubaOS-Switch Management and Configuration Guide manual (specifically for your Aruba 2920 WB software branch).

What is the output of show lacp (copy and paste, please)?

What is your stack running configuration (only related to Trk6 or Trk60 and related member interfaces)?

What is your Switch (3 Aruba 2920 switches stacked through backplane stacking) running Firmware version?

I'm not an HPE Employee
nettec
Occasional Advisor

Hey Parnassus

Thx for your answer. I apologize as it seems that my explanation was a little missleading.

At the moment there are two trunks configure as you mentioned above. Trk60 are three fibre channel uplinks to the core switch. Trk6 is one esxi Host with 8 interfaces, static trunked on switch side and configured to "route by IP-Hash" on VMware esxi side.

There are a few more trunks coming on this switch, so to keep the overview on all trunks the overall "show trunk" is not what I am searching for.

Now the command you gave me says following, for example:

"Please tell me to which trunk Port 2/14 is assigned"

The command that I am searching for says this, for example:

"Please tell me which ports are member of Trunk Trk6"

I hope I could explain you the difference, as my english is not the best.

Best regards

Cedric

AbeAbe
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

have you tried

sh run | incl trunk

hth

Alex

nettec
Occasional Advisor

Hey AbeAbe

Thank you for your answer.

The command you mentioned shows following:

sw-stack01# sh run | incl Trk6
untagged
1/1-1/14,1/17-1/48,1/A2,1/B1-1/B2,2/1-2/13,2/17-2/48,2/A2,2/B1-2/B2,3/1-3/13,3/
17-3/48,3/A2,3/B1-3/B2,Trk6,Trk60
spanning-tree Trk6 priority 4
spanning-tree Trk60 priority 4

greetings, Cedric

AbeAbe
Trusted Contributor

sure if you are doing it like that.. thats the expected outcome,

but

sh run | incl trunk

gives you something like:

sh run | incl trunk
trunk E1,F1 trk1 trunk
trunk F8 trk2 dt-trunk
trunk A13-A14 trk6 trunk
trunk A15-A16 trk7 trunk
trunk A17-A18 trk8 trunk
trunk F2 trk21 dt-trunk

which is close to what you are looking for....

;-)

Alex

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Just to be informative: the "|" symbol is used to pipe the output of first command (the "show run") as the input for the next one (the "include trunk") which is then able to extract all the lines of the entire configuration which include the word "trunk" (sort of a grep).

I'm not an HPE Employee
nettec
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Alex

I already tried that command like this, but it just gives me "invalid input"

Greetings, Cedric