108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Aruba 3810M as NTP Server

aZL
Visitor

Aruba 3810M as NTP Server

Hello.

I need to sunchronize the time on Windows server from network ntp server/

Is it possible to get it from Aruba Switches (3810M)?

That was not problem to do it from Cisco switches but I can't get it works on Aruba:(

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Aruba 3810M as NTP Server

If your question is "Is my Aruba 3810M switch able to act as a/the NTP Server for connected network hosts?" the anwer is actually No.

Your Aruba 3810M can act for sure as a NTP Client thus it is able to synchronize againt (external) NTP Server(s) running inside or outside your network perimeter.

You have basically three possible solutions for your specific Microsoft Windows host:

• let it to synchronize to an internal NTP Server by acting as NTP Client (if you have any already running, thing I suspect you haven't). This is what the Aruba 3810M is capable to do.
  • let it to synchronize to an external NTP Server by acting as NTP Client. Again, this is what the Aruba 3810M is capable to do.
  • let it to become the NTP Server (by synchronizing to external valid NTP Servers of higher stratum levels) acting as both NTP Client (from the standpoint of external NTP Servers) and Server (from the standpoint of other internal hosts, included your Switches - if you want).

Probably your Cisco Switche(s) can act as NTP Server(s)...without knowing exact models it's hard to say.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner