4673 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Aruba 8360 RoCE

SOLVED
Go to solution
ac1982

Aruba 8360 RoCE

I’m looking through docs and guides for Aruba 8360 and support for RoCE (v1 or v2) and notice that AOS 10.3 does not hold support as per this PowerPoint Presentation. However the public data sheet for 8360 definitely lists support for RoCEv2, I presume this refers to the latest AOS 10.6 but all release notes from 10.4 to 10.6 or latest documents, I see no references to RoCE or specifically ECN for congestion control which is the last piece of the puzzle on top of DCB to support RoCE.

Does the 8360 support RoCE and if so how do you configure ECN as its not in any of the guides I've searched so far. There is a very useful guide here for comware which explains this very well, I can't find too much on the Aruba side. The DCB fundementals video here is good but its a little too old. I can find comments on reddit suggesting no ECN support, but again these are old comments for 10.4.

9 REPLIES 9
Emil_G
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Aruba 8360 RoCE

Hello

Please have a look at the QoS guide version 10.06

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00108356en_us

It contains  information about ECN and how to configure qos threshold-profile which is the way to trigger ECN marking.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

ac1982

Brilliant, thank you. I'll take a look, couldnt see those settings but they are pretty clearly marked. 

Are you aware of a design guide for AOS similar to the Comware one here?

Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hello, 

I am not aware of any design guide at the moment. The ECN support was released with version 10.06.x a few months ago, in December 2020. Probably it will appear in the next few months.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hello, with regards to ArubaOS-CX 10.06 and Aruba 832x/8360 and 8400 Switch series you should look for DCB (Data Center Bridging) RoCEv2.

Two sources to start with would be the AOS-CX 10.6 Features & Enhancements Update - Technical Presentation (October 2020) and the Aruba 8360 Switch series and AOS-CX 10.6 features for Datacenter networking - Aruba Partner Technical webinar of November 19, 2020 presentation.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
ac1982

Cheers, do you have links to those docs? I can only find webinar 1 through google. Webinar 2 has the RoCEv2 update information.
ac1982

Thats the FlexFabric flavour, don't think there is an AOS VRD.. yet..

If you can find those webinars that would be handy, they are not on any partner portals or anywhere i can find.

ac1982

Ah that one is for AOS... there is this one which is very very similar - it just has FlexFabric commands in it.

Cheers, I think I have what I need now.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

For future references, the guide I linked above is exactly for what was requested: ArubaOS-CX (and not for "AOS" which is the abbreviated name reserved to the Wireless networking OS of HPE Aruba wireless devices such as Gateways, Mobility controllers and wireless AP...so naming AOS alone without postpoing the -CX for ArubaOS-CX or the -Switch for ArubaOS-Switch could be quite confusing) and it looked similar to the older one published for Comware OS based switch series deployments.

As a circular loop I report that a similar discussion is ongoing on the Aruba Airheads (here) but I can't understand if involved original posters are the same on both communities.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner