Aruba & ProVision-based
1753857 Members
7616 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Aruba JL685A SFP+ port

AlexVolynko

Aruba JL685A SFP+ port

I want to buy an Aruba JL686A switch with SFP+ ports, but currently I have a J9660A with SFP ports. Can I connect an SFP transceiver to the SFP + port on the JL686A switch?

3 REPLIES 3
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Can you please share the existing SFP product number 'JXXXX'?

Else sharing below quickspecs link for  JL686A so you can check exisiting SFP is comaptible with JL686A or not?

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a50000620enw#

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
AlexVolynko

I am using third party transceivers such as Dlink DEM-310GT. According to Aruba spec, I found it has 1/10G SFP/SFP+ ports. But I had no experience of setting up an SFP + port with an SFP transceiver. Will this combination work?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hello Alex,

"I am using third party transceivers such as Dlink DEM-310GT"

It means that you are using an unsupported SFP/SFP+ Transceiver on your current switch model (unsupported = NOT original HPE/Aruba and also not an SKU option supported by your switch series/model).

Look for switch QuickSpecs/Datasheet to understand what SKU Options are there for a 1000BaseLX (LC Long Range - up to 10 km - SFP Transceiver for Single Mode fiber optic cabling).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner