Aruba & ProVision-based
1752777 Members
6172 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ArubaOS-CX 10.01 VSX: anyone to share VSX's experience with?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

ArubaOS-CX 10.01 VSX: anyone to share VSX's experience with?

Hi all, having done some experience with a pair of Aruba 8320 deployed in VSX, is there anybody out there able to share his/her experience, thoughts and tips&tricks about VSX?

I'm especially curious about deploying Aruba 8400 VSX as core switch in a toplogy where Aruba 5400R zl2 (VSF or standalone) are used as aggregation layer (e.g. Friesland College, the Netherland). Any experience to share?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
4 REPLIES 4
drk787
HPE Pro
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi, trust me...I'm far beyond that point...I asked for experience done "on the field" by someone that deployed the Aruba 8400 as Core on a Campus.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Vetoll
Visitor

Hi,

I have deployed a pair of 8400's with MCLAG to Flex Network edge switches, was looking at the VSX migration..

About to deploy a second pair at another site too..

Regards

parnassus
Honored Contributor

So your first Aruba 8400 pair was deployed with a pre-VSX (MC-LAG) ArubaOS-CX 10.00 software version since you wrote about migrating to VSX...AFAIK migration to VSX enabled ArubaOS-CX 10.01 software versions is very well explained on latest edition of ArubaOS-CX Virtual Switching eXtension Guide for ArubaOS-CX 10.01 released in September, just few weeks ago.

What are now your opinions/thoughts about MC-LAG/VSX (deployment efforts, day to day management, configuration and software updates) and what is the exact topology you ended up with?

I'm not an HPE Employee