Aruba & ProVision-based
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArubaOS-CX 10.01 VSX: anyone to share VSX's experience with?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

ArubaOS-CX 10.01 VSX: anyone to share VSX's experience with?

Hi all, having done some experience with a pair of Aruba 8320 deployed in VSX, is there anybody out there able to share his/her experience, thoughts and tips&tricks about VSX?

I'm especially curious about deploying Aruba 8400 VSX as core switch in a toplogy where Aruba 5400R zl2 (VSF or standalone) are used as aggregation layer (e.g. Friesland College, the Netherland). Any experience to share?

4 REPLIES 4
rajkumar787
HPE Pro
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: ArubaOS-CX 10.01 VSX: anyone to share VSX's experience with?

Hi, trust me...I'm far beyond that point...I asked for experience done "on the field" by someone that deployed the Aruba 8400 as Core on a Campus.

Vetoll
Visitor

Hi,

I have deployed a pair of 8400's with MCLAG to Flex Network edge switches, was looking at the VSX migration..

About to deploy a second pair at another site too..

Regards

parnassus
Honored Contributor

So your first Aruba 8400 pair was deployed with a pre-VSX (MC-LAG) ArubaOS-CX 10.00 software version since you wrote about migrating to VSX...AFAIK migration to VSX enabled ArubaOS-CX 10.01 software versions is very well explained on latest edition of ArubaOS-CX Virtual Switching eXtension Guide for ArubaOS-CX 10.01 released in September, just few weeks ago.

What are now your opinions/thoughts about MC-LAG/VSX (deployment efforts, day to day management, configuration and software updates) and what is the exact topology you ended up with?