Aruba & ProVision-based
1752579 Members
4557 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can I set bandwidth or buffer latency for the ports of the switch to a specific value?

jzhuang
Occasional Advisor

Can I set bandwidth or buffer latency for the ports of the switch to a specific value?

Dear HP Engineers,

I am using a HP Procurve 3500yl-48G, and I want to set low bandwidth for each port for my experiments.

I followed http://h22208.www2.hpe.com/eginfolib/networking/docs/switches/K-KA-KB/15-18/5998-8160_ssw_mcg/content/ch05s04.html, but the problem is that, as mentioned, "Kbps rate-limiting is done in segments of 1% of the lowest corresponding media speed." In this case, even I set the rate limit to 1 kbps, it still gives me a bandwidth of 1% of the total bandwidth, which is too high for my experiment.

I want to know if there is a method to further reduce the bandwidth. Or alternatively, is there a way to set the buffer latency for specific ports?

Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
HappyBiswa
Advisor

Re: Can I set bandwidth or buffer latency for the ports of the switch to a specific value?

How much bandwidth are planning to use ?

Thank You

I am an HPE Employee
jzhuang
Occasional Advisor

1 kbps, 2kbps, 3kpbs, ... anyone.

I want to set the latency as I need for my experiment.