108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cant reset to factory default 1930 24G 4SFP/SFP+ Switch JL682A

SOLVED
Go to solution
JohnyKun
Occasional Visitor

Cant reset to factory default 1930 24G 4SFP/SFP+ Switch JL682A

I don't know what the settings were before. I'm trying to reset it with the reset button, it loads but 192.168.1.1 is not available. It looks like it loads the old configuration, I determined this by the operation of the ports. Are there any reset options other than the reset button ?

2 REPLIES 2
akg7
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello @JohnyKun ,

UID LED should flash if followed below steps to Factory default:

Facroty 1930.JPG

1930_1.JPG

Two types of Reset:

The Reset button (pictured in the preceding illustration) is used to restore Factory Default settings, or reset the switch while it is powered on.
• Resetting the Switch — Press and release the button. This action clears any temporary error conditions that may have occurred and executes the switch self test.
• Restoring Factory Default &onȴJuratLon — Press and hold down for over 5 seconds, the switch will then complete its self test and begin operating with its configuration restored to the factory default settings. Any configuration changes you may have made through the web browser interface are removed.
NOTE:  When restoring to factory defaults,after pressing and holding the Reset push button for 5 or more seconds, the UID LED will begin flashing.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
JohnyKun
Occasional Visitor

I will add that after resetting and fully loading the device, you need to wait about 20 more seconds for the device to become available.