6849 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Configuring ProCurve MSM710 problems

Grahaaam
Occasional Advisor

Configuring ProCurve MSM710 problems

Hi,
As said in a previous question I cannot gain access via the ProCurve MSM710 connected to a router and PC. For the MSM710 to work do I need a HP MSM router?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Graham Barnett

6 REPLIES 6
Alex_Ke
Occasional Advisor

Hello Grahaaam,

no you dont need a msm router. Please post your network diagram,

Grahaaam
Occasional Advisor

Router -> MSM710 via Internet port -> Local PC via LAN port. That's it at the moment but it should work straight out the box but it won't give internet access.

Alex_Ke
Occasional Advisor

Please post your config file from msm.

Is your Internet Port configured for dhcp or static ip?

Can you access from your pc to msm management page?

As attachment please find a quick start guide for msm710. Plase check pages 4 and 5.

Grahaaam
Occasional Advisor

I am able to access the MSM Management page from my PC and the Internet Port is configured for DHCP Client and the address allocations is configured for DHCP Server. When I go to configure the DHCP client it shows up with the IP Address of 192.168.1.49, Primary DNS is 208.67.222.222 and Secondary DNS is 208.67.220.220 however it does not show a Default Gateway address, could this be the problem and how could I fix this? My PC is set up as having a static IP address as I used the quickstart guide when I set it up so I am using the default VSC and all the IP Adresses it told me to use but the device was still not giving internet access. I have tried to attach the config file but when I try to post this message it doesn't allow me. I am able to login as the Test account I created using the Quickstart guide but  I still do not have internet access and the troubleshooter tells me that I might have to sign up to this networks Internet Service Provider. What does that mean? Sorry for such a long reply.

Thank you for any help you can give me as I would like this sorted as soon as possible.

Grahaaam
Occasional Advisor

Inside Tools and System Log I am recieving these 2 errors constantly when trying to access the internet: Multiple interfaces match the same shared network, and Multiple interfaces match the same subnet. I don't know if this helps but hopefully this whole internet problem can be fixed soon.
Thanks.

wifiqos
Occasional Advisor

One thought - the default subet on the lan side is 192.168.1.x, what is the subnet you are using on the WAN port - make sure it is different than 192.168.1.x.