Aruba & ProVision-based
1748166 Members
3825 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

E2910-48G Randomly does intervlan routing.

phunkodelic
Occasional Contributor

E2910-48G Randomly does intervlan routing.

I have iner vlan routing setup and it works, sort of.  It will work for a while and then stop routing that IP address for a random amount for what seems to be a max of 20 minutes.  For example if I am trying to get to 172.16.10.11/24 from 10.0.0.25/24 ip address and have them setup in the correct vlans routing will work for a short period of time, then randomly the swith will stop routing the traffic between the two IPs.  What is odd is that when this happens I can ping another ip int eh 172.16.11/24 network while this is happening.  I setup a continous ping from 172.16.0.11/24 to its respective vlan IP, and to the vlan IP of the 10.0.0.0/24 network while testing.  When the routing starts to fail, the 172.16.0.11 device can still ping the vlan IP, but cannot ping teh 10.0.0.25 vlan ip address.  To me this isolates the issue to routing between the vlans on the switch.  Please help.  I am running the latest firmware as I upgraded last night and that did not fix the issue. 

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Breuer
Esteemed Contributor

Re: E2910-48G Randomly does intervlan routing.

Hello,

hard to say what is goging on with the given information. I suggest traditional troubleshooting approach: check MAC, IP routing, ARP entries on each layer 2 domain and doublecheck everything is working a expected. Duplicate ip addresses, endpoint security / firewall features are likely reason tor such issues.

Cheers,

Michael 

Ingentive Networks GmbH