6159 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Facing Issue with Hp 2510G-24 Switch

Solemate
Regular Visitor

Facing Issue with Hp 2510G-24 Switch

Hi Team,

We are using Hp 2510G-24 Switches (4 no's) and all are interconnected to the Cisco Switch (L3 Switch)

When we are trying to Down the one of the HP Switch, the remaining Swithes also goes Down.

All Switches are running with same default gateway 

Could you please help me on this on what is the logic i have missed.

Thanks

Solmate

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Facing Issue with Hp 2510G-24 Switch

@Solemate wrote: We are using Hp 2510G-24 Switches (4 no's) and all are interconnected to the Cisco Switch (L3 Switch)

How they are?

@Solemate wrote: When we are trying to Down the one of the HP Switch, the remaining Swithes also goes Down.

What do you mean? Power down?

Never seen that powering down just a network switch will then power down others (eventually in a chain of switches, powering down a inner member will cut the communications between the remaining others...but this is not what you described with to down).

I think you really need to clarify your scenario a little bit better (network topology...or who is connected to who and how the connections is done).

In other terms, try to contextualize providing more details: help us to help you, you have to understand that others can't simply guess what you meant.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Solemate
Regular Visitor

Re: Facing Issue with Hp 2510G-24 Switch

Hi Parnassus,

Thanks for your response

All the switches (HP) are located at IDC in multiple racks and all are connected to the L3 Switch (Cisco)

All the switches (HP) are configured with multiple VLAN's and also configured the Trunk port on all switches to allowed multiple VLAN traffic.

When we are trying to Shutdown the one of the Switch, the Servers are also goes Down which are connected to the another switch

I dont know why this may happen and we are expecting that it is due to allowing of the multiple VLAN's traffic between switches and when we are trying to remove the trunk port the same issue occured again (Servers down at another switch).

Please suggest the recommendations to rectify this issue.