1752374 Members
6298 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: GVRP Problem on 2510-24

Mrxlazuardin
Occasional Contributor

GVRP Problem on 2510-24

This switch and other same type swithes don't receive any GVRP advertises from other brand/type GVRP enabled switches. The GVRP enabled port doesn't become a member of advertised VLAN automaticaly even there is same VLAN ID untagged on other ports. I connect this switch to another switch on port 26. I have read that there is bug on previous version of firmware related GVRP on tagged ports (PR_1000385623) but it has been solved on Release Q.10.04. How can I deal with this? Currently I'm using firmware Release Q.11.17.

What is the different between J9019A and J9019B? Can I use J9019A firmware (Release Q.11.26) on J9019B?

1 REPLY 1
molsen
Advisor

Re: GVRP Problem on 2510-24

Hello!

You may be hitting a bug that was fixed in Q.11.18, where the switch stops emitting GVRP when changing lern mode on a port. Additionally there was a later fix where the switch was sometimes learning VLANs on ports blocked by spanning tree (in Q.11.25).

You may want to load the latest published software version onto the switch: http://h10144.www1.hp.com/customercare/support/software/summarypages/q-j9019-c.htm

The difference between revision A and revision B products usually have to do with manufacturing changes. The software versions will work on all revisions unless specifically mentioned on the software download page. In your case, you will have absolutely no problems updating.

Should the software update not resolve the issue, then I suggest contacting warranty support so the issue can be analysed. It is theoretically possible there is a bug which would need fixing, however it does sound like a configuration issue first hand.

Kind regards,

Michael Olsen

Level 2 Networking Engineer
HP Networking EMEA