7286 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 2910al-24 and HP 2910al-48 join with LACP using SFP+ modules

Kikomi
Frequent Visitor

HP 2910al-24 and HP 2910al-48 join with LACP using SFP+ modules

Hallo

I have two HP Switches, HP 2910al-24, and HP2910al-48 joined together with one Ethernet cable.
this makes some dropping and collision problems and I would like to do the following to fix it

I want to add SFP+ modules on both switches and connect them using Fiber Optic instead of the Ethernet cable

is this going to work?

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

How you have observed the dropping and collision problems?

Is there jumbo frames enabled?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Kikomi
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

The dropping and collision can be seen from the Switch Site, as shown in the picture 
Port 47 and 48 are connected to the second switch

Switch48Port47

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi @Kikomi ,

I am unable view the pictures which you have share, could you please upload it again?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Out of curiosity what is the real distance of actual Ethernet cable run between your two HP 2910al switches? below or above 90 meters? is the cabling certified and tested end-to-end (I would say: at least Cat.5E)? can you provide some outputs of show commands related to involved interfaces (we expect you're able to do basic troubleshooting here, aren't you?)?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner