Aruba & ProVision-based
1748078 Members
5396 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 2920 Web UI not refreshing after firmware update

douglasd

HP 2920 Web UI not refreshing after firmware update

I recently updated my 2920 switch to 15.17.0013. After the switch rebooted I logged back into the switch and clicked on Updates/Downloads but the contents for that section do not load. The area (frame) where it would normally display is just blank. I then noticed even I log out and back in I get the status page but if I refresh the screen the contents disapear so I can't really do anything using the web UI of the switch with that always happening. I dsaw 1 other discussion where a user got the same result after upgrading to this firmware version though no solution was noted. 

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, were you able to resolve it from the web UI or did you need to switch to the management console and like upgrade the firmware again to fix the issue?

7 REPLIES 7
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 2920 Web UI not refreshing after firmware update

Is there a reason for not keeping your HP 2920 really updated to a newer version (WB.15.18, WB.16.01, WB.16.02, WB.16.03 or WB16.04) installing the related latest software update (as example: WB.16.04.0009) instead of updating it to an already archived one?

WB.15.17 stopped on June 2016 with WB.15.17.0013 (which was final for WB.15.17).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
douglasd

I believe I read somewhere in the documentation that it was best practice to upgrade incrementally so I was taking the final release of each (ie 15.16.0019. 15.17.0013, 15.18.0013, etc...).

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Have you verified if - client side - this very same issue shows up using very different Web Browsers (and after cleaning each Web Browser's cache before any test) like latest Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft IE or Google Chrome to access your HP 2920?

I'm not an HPE Employee
douglasd

Yes, I've tried IE, Chrome and Firefox on another PC and I am getting the same result there as well.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Mmmm...if you are absolutely unable to fully use the Web GUI (which, as you wrote, seems broken no matter the Web Browser you try) your only option to proceed with your updates is using Console port and performing all necessary remaining update steps (to latest version of WB16.04, as example) via CLI.

I'm not an HPE Employee
douglasd

Thanks parnassus. That's the option I figured I was left with but thought there might be some trick to fixing it. Do you happen to know where I can find a how-to for configuring an emulator that will work with the switch? I've found a list of recommended emulators and the commands to update the firmware once connected but no step-by-step example of how to configure the emulator to connect. I don't have much experience with terminal emulators but am really good at following instructions. :-)

parnassus
Honored Contributor

PuTTY and/or WinSCP if you are using Microsoft OS on the host you will use to manage the Switch.

A FTP and/or TFTP Server plus PuTTY or minicom (in case of serial connections performed through USB/RS232 adapter cable plus console cable, as example <-- that's useful for Comware operating system based HPE Switches when you have a management host without a physical Serial interface and, as me, running Linux) if on a Linux based host.

Then HPE ArubaOS-Switch Management and Configuration Guide (for WB.16.04, as example) has an entire chapter (Chapter 17 "File Transfers") about various methods (including using an USB memory key) to manage file(s) transfers...and HPE ArubaOS-Switch Basic Operation Guide (for 16.04, as example) has too a chapter about software management (Chapter 10 "Managing switch software")...so you should be good.

I'm not an HPE Employee