New Discussion

HP/Aruba 2530-48G-2SFP+ enable 3rd party transceivers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Annexair
Occasional Visitor

HP/Aruba 2530-48G-2SFP+ enable 3rd party transceivers

Hello, 

Does somebody know if there's a command to enable 3rd party SFP transceivers on ARUBA/HPe 2530 switch on firmware 16.01.0012?

Here's the error in the log : 

Description:Port contains a transceiver not made by Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Actions:

1. 1) Make sure to use only genuine Hewlett Packard Enterprise branded transceivers. For more information go to:http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/

It's ironic because one of the transceivers is from HP. 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Damir I.
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP/Aruba 2530-48G-2SFP+ enable 3rd party transceivers

We are using 3rd party tranceivers for years now. Actually you need to talk to your supplier. Also there is command (can't remember now) how to disable this check. Have to ask our guys for it. This happens with some versions of firmware and once we expeirenced this, we talked to manufacturer and they adjusted modules. 

Annexair
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Thanks Damir for the help!

I've updated my firmware to 16.02.0016 and then I could run the command in config mode "allow-unsupported-transceiver". 

GG wp. 

Charles. 

parnassus
Honored Contributor

You need to run at least 16.02 (use the latest software version released if you can or, better, go with latest of 16.03 branch), in config mode run the allow-unsupported-transceiver CLI command.

Use official ArubaOS-Switch documentation for details, restrictions and guidelines to deploy (genuine/non genuine) Aruba/HP/HPE transceivers.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Damir I.
Occasional Advisor

Yep, that's command :-). Let me know if you need good supplier. I can put you in contact with factory from Taiwan.

Raheel98

I  got same problem, I have upgraded my Switch to K_16_02_0026 version, but there is no such commond available to use 3rd party SFP.  Any lead to fix this issue.

gCumm-bt
Occasional Visitor

It won't be available for the K/KA firmware series as it's not on the list.  If it's an 8200/5400, you could upgrade the chassis/management/PSUs to the 5400R line.

"This feature enables and disables the use of non-HPE Aruba transceivers on HPE Aruba switches. The allow-
unsupported-transceiver command is an undocumented feature. It is only available on the 3810M, 5400R,
2920, 2930F, 2930M, 2540, and 2530. This feature is not available on any other ArubaOS-Switch switches.
This undocumented feature was included in releases numbered 16.02.0013 and later."