New Discussion

Re: HP Aruba 2530G POE Cannot connect to web interface

SOLVED
Go to solution
msewell
Occasional Visitor

HP Aruba 2530G POE Cannot connect to web interface

Hello,

We recently installed two HP Aruba 2530G POE switches for our phone system.  I wanted to check the firmware version of them so I connected to one of them via the web interface.  I noticed that it didn't prompt me for credentials so I went to set those up.

I went to Security > Security Wizard and walked through the settings.  The only thing I changed were the manager and operator passwords.  I left everything else as it was.  Now, the web interface never comes up when I try to connect.

Telnet won't connect either.

Is my last resort the console port?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
msewell
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: HP Aruba 2530G POE Cannot connect to web interface

Just in case someone else runs into this problem:

I read somewhere after my post that if you set the manager and operator passwords the same, which I did, you won't be able to get to the web interface.  I had connected via telnet after this and must have disconnected from those sessions improperly because after a few times I couldn't connect that way either because those sessions were still active and there is a limit of three active sessions from what i read so I was stuck.  The only thing that got me past it was rebooting the switch.  This switch is in production for our phone system so I had to come in after hours to do it.  Anyway, all good now.