New Discussion

Re: HP ProCurve 2530-48 Switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris76
Occasional Contributor

HP ProCurve 2530-48 Switch

Hi guys,

Apologies in advnaced if this is a 'numbty' question but I just wanted to ask it to make sure we have no other option.

We have a HP ProCurve 2530-48 Switch which is currently plugged into power supply B.  Due to maintenance we are losing supply B and as such need to shut all the servers down and then disconnect the power and connect to an Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) that is connected to suplpy A and B.

To do this will cause a substantial amount of downtime and I wanted to check if we have any options to keep the switch powered.  Is there any option to:

1. Add an additional PSU to the switch (hot swap);
  2. Power the switch by via the USB port or any other port on the device (sorry I know this is probably impossible but want to check)
  3. Is there a battery in the switch that will provide power for a short amount of time while we quickly change the power supply.

Again my apologies if my terminology is incorrect.  I think we will have to shut everything down (as storage is presented via this switch) but want to explore any option.

Thanks inadvanced

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor
Solution

I'm afraid you are out of luck here. There is no slot for a second PSU in the 2530 switches and no battery either. And it cannot receive USB power (even if it could, USB cannot deliver even close to the number of watts necessary).

Chris76
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the information much appreciated.

On reflection I should of realised that the USB port couldn't be used - what was I thinking that I could power it with my phone charger :$