4568 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProCurve 9300m Routing Switch configuration: migration to Aruba 5400R zl2

parnassus
Honored Contributor

HP ProCurve 9300m Routing Switch configuration: migration to Aruba 5400R zl2

Hello all,

I've had the opportunity to have hands on a old - still running - HP ProCurve 9308m Routing Switch which is acting as a core switch.

Plans require we transfer core features to newer Aruba 5400R zl2 so we are evaluating acutal HP ProCurve 9308m running configuration to see what we need to migrate into new ArubaOS-Switch configuration.

There isn't anything special running on HP ProCurve 9308m apart from various SVIs (IP Protocol based VLANs) and some others manually added IP Routes.

As example, with regards to defined SVI, I generally saw Virtual Interface configuration like this:

!
interface ve n
 ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y
!

where VLAN n has this configuration:

!
vlan n name VLAN_n by port
 tagged ethe 4/5 ethe 5/5
 untagged ethe 3/2 ethe 3/8 to 3/16 ethe 4/2 ethe 4/8 to 4/16
 router-interface ve n
 spanning-tree
!

even if, with respect to the example provided above, almost all considered VLANs haven't any ethe port defined as untagged port member (instead listed ethe ports are basically all tagged members of considered VLAN, as required).

To me the point is to understand the router-interface ve n command in relationship with the

vlan n name VLAN_n by port

definition.

Does it mean that, in ArubaOS-Switch terms, a translated configuration could be something like this?

vlan n
name "VLAN_n"
untagged port(s)-list tagged port(s)-list ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y exit

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner