108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ProCurve Switch 2810 24G Bounding

SOLVED
Go to solution
saeedpersa
Occasional Contributor

HP ProCurve Switch 2810 24G Bounding

I want a solutions for combines 3 ADSL2+ modems connections of the same type and speed to create a single, high-speed connection. what kind of ADSL2+ modem routers i should use? these brands are available in my city: D-link TP-link Cnet by the way i have HP ProCurve Switch 2810 24G i think i can bound these connections on a VLAN on my Switch but i have no idea how?! thanks i hope you professionals can give me an idea in this case this is my idea: i create a VLAN with 4 ports i add my ADSL Modems with different IP range: Port 1: 192.168.20.10 Port 2: 192.168.20.20 Port 3: 192.168.20.30 Port 4: bound (Port1 + Port2 + Port3) with a new IP Address Range... but HOW ? I don't Know!
3 REPLIES 3
paulgear
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: HP ProCurve Switch 2810 24G Bounding

Hi saeedpersa,

Your switch doesn't really play any part in the WAN load balancing - that is all handled in your router.  Because the 2810 switch is a non-routing switch, you must do your routing elsewhere.  So even if you put your load-balancing router in its own VLAN, you'll also have to provide an external device to route between that VLAN and your existing VLAN.

The usual way to do this would be to buy a router with the right smarts to balance your WAN connections, and give it a single IP address in the same VLAN as your existing client devices.  There are many possible choices for routers, including HP, Cisco, Juniper, Mikrotik, Vyatta, etc. - virtually every networking vendor will have a router that can balance load across multiple ADSL links.

Regards,
Paul
saeedpersa
Occasional Contributor

dear paulgear

thank you for your idea 

what was wrong in my idea was , i thought a layer 3 switch can route but i got that there is no resone this could happend

thank you for your idea

hope i can fix this soon

paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

A 2810 is not a layer 3 switch; it has no routing capabilities.
Regards,
Paul