108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProCurve Switch 3400cl J4906A

SOLVED
Go to solution
nighthawk007
Occasional Contributor

HP ProCurve Switch 3400cl J4906A

I havHP ProCurve Switch 3400cl J4906Ae  switch that i purchased used and can not reset the switch the clear switch does not seam to work or is locked .

Can someone tell me if there is another way to clear and reset this switch the console is password locked and i did not get any info with the switch i did get my money refunded so i do own the switch but i can't use it does not make a good conversation piece 

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Pretty strange.

Have you followed suggested troubleshooting actions listed here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01815424

and (specifically to reset any password) here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02597105

Report back if you can't solve your issue with provided instructions (I presume you're able to verify by using serial console...).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
nighthawk007
Occasional Contributor

Yes i have and clear button seams to not do anything .I tried console and password locked so i have no idea 

I am not the greatest at console or telnet never needed to on my old beloved 1800 24 port gigabit switch best 10 dollars i ever spent and works great !

nighthawk007
Occasional Contributor
Solution

I did get the switch reset .

Problem found was a clear switch that was in pieces and to take the switch apart and do a manual shorting of the 2 pins .

Does anyone know if hp sells parts like maybe a switch complete power supply and maybe fans ?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Glad you found the culprit.

With regards to option parts (including spare parts) I think only ones listed by HP/HPE for HP ProCurve 3400cl Switch series are officially purcheaseable as parts that can be replaced by user/technician.

Used/New (New Old Stock) option/spare parts or very specific internal parts (fans/power supply units) can eventually be found through other supply channels...and could be physically replaced by you (instead of through a Support Center) but this maybe is going to definitely invalidate product (limited/unlimited) lifetime warranty, if any. 

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner