Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP ProCurve Switch 3400cl J4906A

SOLVED
Go to solution
nighthawk007
Occasional Contributor

HP ProCurve Switch 3400cl J4906A

I havHP ProCurve Switch 3400cl J4906Ae  switch that i purchased used and can not reset the switch the clear switch does not seam to work or is locked .

Can someone tell me if there is another way to clear and reset this switch the console is password locked and i did not get any info with the switch i did get my money refunded so i do own the switch but i can't use it does not make a good conversation piece 

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP ProCurve Switch 3400cl J4906A

Pretty strange.

Have you followed suggested troubleshooting actions listed here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01815424

and (specifically to reset any password) here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02597105

Report back if you can't solve your issue with provided instructions (I presume you're able to verify by using serial console...).

nighthawk007
Occasional Contributor

Yes i have and clear button seams to not do anything .I tried console and password locked so i have no idea 

I am not the greatest at console or telnet never needed to on my old beloved 1800 24 port gigabit switch best 10 dollars i ever spent and works great !

nighthawk007
Occasional Contributor
Solution

I did get the switch reset .

Problem found was a clear switch that was in pieces and to take the switch apart and do a manual shorting of the 2 pins .

Does anyone know if hp sells parts like maybe a switch complete power supply and maybe fans ?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Glad you found the culprit.

With regards to option parts (including spare parts) I think only ones listed by HP/HPE for HP ProCurve 3400cl Switch series are officially purcheaseable as parts that can be replaced by user/technician.

Used/New (New Old Stock) option/spare parts or very specific internal parts (fans/power supply units) can eventually be found through other supply channels...and could be physically replaced by you (instead of through a Support Center) but this maybe is going to definitely invalidate product (limited/unlimited) lifetime warranty, if any.