Aruba & ProVision-based
1753851 Members
9473 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Procurve 5412zl V2 firmware 15.15.0006 - question regarding logging and debugging info

jgs240
Occasional Contributor

HP Procurve 5412zl V2 firmware 15.15.0006 - question regarding logging and debugging info

I am troubleshooting a ssh issue with Windows OS's (it does not affect Linux OS) and want to see what the Procurve switch might be logging when the SSH failure occurs.  I have issued the following commands and checked the syslog but found nothing related to the event:

debug security login-attempts

debug security ssh verbose

debug all

show logging -r

show logging -d -r

I had previously worked on Cisco equipment, so I am used to be overloaded with debug results if I issued the "debug all" command.  I would appreciate help finding a way to produce similiar results on the Procurves.

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Procurve 5412zl V2 firmware 15.15.0006 - question regarding logging and debugging info

Maybe it's totally possible that some additional specific logging was added, as an enhancement, starting from a later (more recent) specific Release, such as the K.15.18.0008 (and thus also any newer one) with respect to the one your Switch is currently running.

Event Log (CR_0000189525): Added audit log message to the system logging for the following events:

• Termination of a secure session
  • Failure to negotiate the cipher suite due to cipher mismatch for SSL and SSH sessions

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
jgs240
Occasional Contributor

That could be the solution, thanks for the tip.  I will need to schedule this change.