New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE Aruba 5400R zl2 - Distributed Trunk - two datacenter

SOLVED
Go to solution
Simon_K
Occasional Advisor

HPE Aruba 5400R zl2 - Distributed Trunk - two datacenter

Dear all,

we have two datacenter with two 5400R zl2 in each datacenter as core, as we need a configuration with no SPOF.

With our current setup, we had connection errors. It looks like our setup ist not working as expected and the switches in each datacenter receive mac addresses within the same vlan from two uplinks.

I will attach two pictures. One with our current setup and a second one with "the only right solution?"

Who can tell if our setup should work or if it just works another way?

5 REPLIES 5
Simon_K
Occasional Advisor

Nobody? If there are any questions or any description above is not clear enough, don't hesitate to ask me.

Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure that is not at all a valid use-case for DT.

Each pair of 5400s should have VSF configured, then you just trunk the inter-data-centre connections together as a normal aggregation.

Much much simpler than what you are trying to do.

Simon_K
Occasional Advisor

Hi Vince,

I know the VSF solution but VSF is no option in our case, because we use v2 and v3 Modules and VSF is only supported with v3 modules. I think there is a solution for our situation, because HPE shows this here "http://h22208.www2.hpe.com/eginfolib/networking/docs/switches/K-KA-KB/15-18/5998-8160_ssw_mcg/content/ch04s14.html". But there is no configuration example.

Simon_K
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi all,

we opened a support case and HPE Aruba now addresses the issue by "The fix CR# 241657 has been released to support in KB.16.04.0013 and KB.16.05.0007".

Thanks,

Simon

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Clearly that has nothing to do with VSF since your scenario doesn't (and actually can't) use VSF at all. That's more an ISC interconnected pair (the 5400R zl2 pair on West side) against another ISC interconnected pair (the other 5400R zl2 pair on East side). Isn't it?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner