4446 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE officeconnect 1820 VLAN configuration

ArwenD
Occasional Contributor

HPE officeconnect 1820 VLAN configuration

Hello,

I have a network setup with an HPE layer3 swtich and a bunch of managed L2 HPE officeconnect 1820 switches. I have creadted VLANs for the different types of deivces that I have on the network and everything with that is going well. I am now having issues in setting up my management VLAN (99). I guess I'm not sure if I should have the uplink ports as tagged or untagged for VLAN 99. Also on the setup network screen, I know I need to have the management vlan as 99, but do I need to setup a management port? 

6 REPLIES 6
ArwenD
Occasional Contributor

Update: I was able to get the management VLAN to 99, but I have to keep the uplink port as tagged for VLAN 99 or else I can't communicate with it. This doesn't sound right...

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

If you are connecting switch to uplink then it would be tagged to get multiple vlans traffic from uplink.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
ArwenD
Occasional Contributor

@akg7 wrote:

Hello,

If you are connecting switch to uplink then it would be tagged to get multiple vlans traffic from uplink.

Thanks!

Right. I get that, but there has to be at least one untagged vlan. Default is vlan 1. Can you not change the uplinks to a different untagged?

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Could you please share the snapshot where you are seeing one untagged vlan?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
ArwenD
Occasional Contributor

vlan 28.pngvlan 1.png

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

As per your query:

Right. I get that, but there has to be at least one untagged vlan. Default is vlan 1. Can you not change the uplinks to a different untagged?

Here untagged is for access port and tagged is for trunk port. I believe you can change other vlan as untagged.

From the shared screen shot I am seeing output for VLAN 1 & VLAN 28.

Which port you are conencting to uplink with vlan 99?

Thanks!