Aruba & ProVision-based
1753346 Members
5120 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

How do I tag packets with dscp on outbound packets?

jkoelker
Occasional Contributor

How do I tag packets with dscp on outbound packets?

I have a HP Procurve 2610-48-pwr device at each of my locations with software version R.11.44. I have a HP Procurve 5412zl at my main location with software K.12.57. Old software for both I know. I am trying to implement dscp tagged packets in all directions of my traffic so traffic is routed to the correct queues in the MPLS network which is not controlled by me. I need to tag my packets with a 1 for IP precedence to get them routed where I want. I have selected Differential Services as a Type of Service on my switch and then I am doing Application Type for what I am trying to accomplish. I want all TCP 1494 and TCP 2598 to be tagged with a DSCP of 001010. After I did this I setup a sniffer at the source location and at the main branch where my citrix servers are. When I initiate the traffic at my remote branch it is tagged as dscp 000000 but when it hits the main location it gets the 001010 and then on the way from the main location back to remote it is tagged correctly as well but never from the remote branch to the main. How do I apply the tag to the outbound traffic? Sorry for being so wordy but I'm not sure how else to explain it. I appreciate any help in advance.