Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass QOS across L3 interface to other segments

jmorin78
Occasional Visitor

How to pass QOS across L3 interface to other segments

Hi,

I have all Aruba 2929 switches on my network. I have 7 sites all connected with full duplex gig wireless bridges. Each site has its own data and voice vlans. How can i be sure qos is passed from core switch out to remote networks?  I have voice setting and QOS priority 6 on all voice vlans and QOS priority 1 on all non voice vlans. On vlan 101 interfaces, do i set anything? 

We recently upgraded all switches to Aruba 2920. We had cisco 2900 and 3650's prior with no problems. Now we have 1 site with voice issues, dropped words, delays, but no dropped calls.

1 REPLY 1
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

Re: How to pass QOS across L3 interface to other segments

In your situation, my first step would be to produce a detailed network diagram including all hardware, all links, all port numbers and all IP addressing.
Having proper documentation could save you a lot of time - sometimes the issue leaps out at you from it.

My second step would be to collect performance stats on all network devices and switchports. I would want to know where congestion is occurring, if any.

Only once I had the full picture would I then delve into adjusting my QoS settings.