108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to update stack of 2910al's

SOLVED
Go to solution
JLDEANLEY77
Visitor

How to update stack of 2910al's

I was able to update the Commander switch 14.70 but I cant seem to get the members to update.  Can I force the new firmware down to the member switches?  I tried to connect to the tftp server from a member but since it doesnt have an IP it cant connect

please help

Joel

4 REPLIES 4
JLDEANLEY77
Visitor

Anyone want to give me some assistance on how to upgrade the rest of the switches in the stack??

Thanks,

Joel

Arimo
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hi

There's no way to do it like that. The traditional HP Stack is nothing more but a single IP address which you can use to access the switches. They are still individual devices, you will need to do configuration etc for each of them separately. Or a SW upgrade.

To update the switches you either have to give them IP addresses to access them through Telnet / Web GUI, or you have to do it with XMODEM through a console cable.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
JLDEANLEY77
Visitor

Thanks for the response Arimo...I was hoping there was an easier way than to assign an IP address to each one of the switches.  I figured assigning a single IP would give me the management capabilities to upgrade them all at once

Thanks again

Joel

paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

That approach works on Comware switches running IRF (slaves can be updated from the master), but not on the ProCurve OS.
Regards,
Paul