108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hp 1820 vlan

SOLVED
Go to solution
Siemens31
Occasional Advisor

Hp 1820 vlan

Good afternoon, I apologize for my bad English, the problem is there is a subnet 10.4.15.xxx in it 3 Vlana 10-date tagged, 13 untagged voice, 14, management, I set up HP ip 10.4.15.xxx mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 10.4.15.1 ... it is connected to brocade port 24 is used, it is 13, 15 vlans in the tag, 10 untagged, the certificate is updated in the security, when setting up management when 15 vlan is selected, access to the switch disappears, when the switch is rebooted, dsotup goes all the same through 1 vlan and you can also configure it directly where am I mistaken in the settings? 

4 REPLIES 4
Rajendra_Jena
HPE Pro

Re: Hp 1820 vlan

Hi,

The post is very confusing. I suspect you are having incorrect vlan taggin issue on uplink interface.

what I understood is you have 3 vlan such as Vlan 10 for Data, Vlan 13 for Voice & Vlan 14 for management. You have one subnet that is 10.4.15.0/24 and the Gateway ip is 10.4.15.1.

If you configure an IP address from 10.4.15.xxx/24 subnet on vlan interface 14 then you have to pass the vlan 14 on the uplink and save the configuration.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor
Solution

As per you query.

1. You have one HP switch 1820 model

2. You have one Brocade switch (its a SAN switch or fabric switch which model )

Tagged VLANs: Comes to Tagged VLAN; it is slightly different by connecting multiple VLANs into a single port. The frame contains the destination address tag, so a single port can be established to accomplish the connection between the two switches.

Untagged VLANs: It is a port-based VLAN; it has been divided single physical switch into multiple logical switches.

The question which switch you want to access HP or Brocade?

How you connect HP switch to Brocade switch?

Is the connectivity port is trunk port or not?

I Haq
Siemens31
Occasional Advisor

1. yes J9980A)

2.  brocade ixc 6430

Hp  from brocade go all 3 vlans tagged in hp port 

no trunk

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

First you try to understand tagged and untagged ports.

Can you send the output of show run of both switches?

I Haq