Aruba & ProVision-based
1748156 Members
4168 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: J9150D transceiver error "Unsupported Transceiver. (SelftTest Err#098000) " on Aruba 5

victor_
Occasional Contributor

J9150D transceiver error "Unsupported Transceiver. (SelftTest Err#098000) " on Aruba 5406R zl2

Hi,

Need some help here. We just purchase brand new aruba transceiver J9150D and when i connect it to Aruba module J9993A, the fault and test indicator on MM start blink with orange led.

I've tried to update the MM SW version to the latest which is KB. 16.10.0012 but it's not help. 

From the Aruba product compability, this transceiver should be no issue with both Aruba 5406R and module J9993A. 

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: J9150D transceiver error "Unsupported Transceiver. (SelftTest Err#098000) " on Aruba 5

Hello @victor_ , that's interesting. Can you post the show tech transceivers CLI command output and the show logging CLI command output once you insert that J9150D SFP+ Transceiver into one free slot of your J9993A Module? Are you 100% sure the SFP+ Transceiver your're testing is HPE Aruba original? Can you post a photo of its label (eventually)?

An Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch series with latest KB.16.10.0012 support the J9150D without issues, provided that that Transceiver is (a) not DoA/Faulty and (b) it is an Aruba original option part (where original = not counterfeit).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
victor_
Occasional Contributor

Hello @parnassus . Thank you for your reply.

here the show tech transceiver for the error

Aruba Transceiver Error.png

We've check the S/N number of the transceiver and it's original, is that enough to verify?

I purchase 8 transceiver, and all of have same issue, i don't think all the transceiver DoA.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

All faulty? all DoA? all non-original? faulty J9993A Module? In any case how can you say that (just) looking at their stamped S/N all your 8 SFP+ Transceivers are HPE Aruba orignals and not non-originals? is your Aruba 5400R zl2 already running with latest KB.16.10.0012 ArubaOS-Switch software (to exclude any possible issue with SFP+ Transceiver support by the J9993A 8x1/10G SFP+ v3 zl2 module that is equipped with)?

Check here: https://www.hpe.com/us/en/validate.html

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
victor_
Occasional Contributor

Not just by looking the stamped S/N, but did check on HPE Warranty from the S/N and the result it listed in there. After that i do check with HPE apps to validate using SID and yes it not a valid product (non-original). I've return back the transceiver and ask them to change with the original items, now still waiting for the replacement.

The ArubaOS already using latest KB.16.10.0012

Thank you for your information and support.