New Discussion юеВ

Re: J9772A Aruba 2530 48G PoE+ Switch boot fails

SOLVED
Go to solution
shaho89
Visitor

J9772A Aruba 2530 48G PoE+ Switch boot fails

Dears,

I have earsed all the data in one of our switch due to password reset as the buttom for reset was broken. 

I have uploaded a newer version of the ISO to the switch successfuly but when boot it give me the fellow error.

Directory: /ws/swbuildm/rel_lakesrom_qaoff/rom/build/lakesrom(swbuildm_rel_lakesrom_qaoff_rel_lakesrom)
Build Date: 22:15:54 Aug 20 2017
Version: YA.15.20
Build #: 10016
=>do

You have invoked the console download utility.
Do you wish to continue? (Y/N)>Download was successful.

-- Download for this Product, proceeding --
Error writing OS to disk
Ready for code execution.
Error, unable to find boot device. Error code 0.
Could not open Image file

Bad code in FLASH

Flash memory needs reprogramming or chassis could be faulty.
Use a PC as the console and perform the update procedure
by serial Xmodem download of the current Switch Image.
If unsuccessful w/ downloading, then try replacing chassis.

appreciate yoru supports 

7 REPLIES 7
akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,
Is it possible for you to upgrade software via XModem?

Thanks!
Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
shaho89
Visitor

Hi, 
I have tried Xmodem, uploaded diffrent version from the latest one to the closest version as it was recommended, but I think this is no the case becuase I have delete all the data in cat0 so it will not boot. 

I wonder if there is image file to import the configuration for the boot?

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

It seems flash is correupted but before going for replacement you can give a try to recover it.

--Are you getting any option to boot from secondary image? If yes try to boot from secondary flash.

--Do you remeber what was the running software version into device?

Try to copy the same into switch via XModem.  Refer some steps:

https://techhub.hpe.com/eginfolib/networking/docs/switches/WB/15-18/5998-8162_wb_2920_mcg/content/ch11s11.html

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
shaho89
Visitor

Thanks for your replay,

Yes I have tried to boot from primary and secondary give me the same error message. only monitoring opetion 0 works.

I doubt if the flash currepted becuase it was working fine till erased cat0/ files. 

and yes i have backup the swi image before the fomat. I have tried it as well but no thing new.

The strange thing is now it give me the version Version: YA.15.20. but this version dose not exsist even in the download page in main website.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

This issue needs remote support intervention. I request you to log a case on HPE Support Center portal for further resolution using the link:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/

Thanks!

parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Pay attention that YA.15.20 is the BootROM version, it is not the ArubaOS-Switch (or HP ProVision) operating system version even if the naming looks similar. There is a relationship between the BootROM version an HPE Aruba Switch requires for (or, better, from) running a particular software version of its ArubaOS-Switch operating system.

I haven't the exact matrix between each BootROM version and each ArubaOS-Switch (or HP ProVision) software version BUT, giving that YA.15.20 is provided and required by ArubaOS-Switch YA.16.10.xxxx build, then you should be able to use also the latest YA.16.10.0013 software build released for Aruba 2530 Switch series in your recover attempts with swi files.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
shaho89
Visitor

Dear,

Thanks a lot for your support applying the latest versoin fixed the issue.

Many Thanks