Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Aggregation Between HPE 5920 and Cisco SG-24 port

ShaikhG
Visitor

Link Aggregation Between HPE 5920 and Cisco SG-24 port

Hi,

I am facing some issue in link aggregation between cisco and HPE.

I have define all port as access vlan 53 on cisco and connected with LACP port (port 12 and 24). than are connected with HPE sw1 port 1 and HPE sw2 port1.

I can ping only odd IP address not the evenone.  Any one can help and share their experience.

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Link Aggregation Between HPE 5920 and Cisco SG-24 port

You wrote: "HPE sw1 port1 and HPE sw2 port 1"...thus...do you have both 5920 implementing an IRF stack or what?
ShaikhG
Visitor

not IRF stacking, just added these port in link agreegatio.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Supposing your two 5920 switches are interconnected together via a single uplink or via a port trunk (isn't it?)...given that, you're creating a Loop and the (distributed across logically different switches) Port Trunk you did will not work as you think it should.

That's true *if* either you are interconnecting your Cisco separately to your two 5920 (and those ones are interconnected together in some way not using IRF) or you are interconnecting your Cisco via a Port Trunk (aggregating port 12 with port 24 on a logical trunk group) to your two 5920 Switches (and, again, those ones are interconnected together in some way not using IRF).

If, OTOH, both 5920 aren't interconnected together *at all* then a LACP Port Trunking initiated from the Cisco (Port 12+24) and separately terminated on 5920_1/Port1 and 5920_2/Port1 is *not* going to work (because such scenario requires "something" like HP-proprietary dt-lacp implementation, Distributed LACP).