1753788 Members
7375 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Multiple issues w/ firmware W.14.70 on 2910al-48G switches

BillClark22
Advisor

Multiple issues w/ firmware W.14.70 on 2910al-48G switches

I have 5 new 2910al-48G switches that I'm setting up.  They originally shipped with firmware W.14.38.  I have done the initial setup, (System Info, static IP, passwrod, etc) then decided to upgrade the firmware to the latest available which is W.14.70.  This firmware has now caused all sorts of issues.  All these are appearing on the webconsole using IE and/or Firefox.

1)  Configuration/IP Configuration - Under "IP Address" and "Subnet Mask", I see "Invalid OID". 

2)  Configuration/Device Features - Completely blank page when selecting this tab.

3)  Security/SSL - Completely blank page when selecting this tab.

Under firmware versions W.14.38 & .49, the above issues aren't present, all works as expected.  I've duplicated these same issues on 3 different switches and all have issues with the .70 firmware release.  I've tried reloading the firmware and even reset the switches back to factory default and uploaded it again, same results.

In addition to all this, I have a question regarding RSA key size.  In previous firmware versions W.14.38 & W.14.49, the key size is limited to 1024.  Does .70 have the capability to use 2048 sized keys or will this be in a later firmware release? 

Bill

2 REPLIES 2
glaycock

Re: Multiple issues w/ firmware W.14.70 on 2910al-48G switches

Bill,

Sounds like you might have bumped into a bug with the new code and the webconsole.  I would recommend opening a case as the ProCurve line has a lifetime warranty that includes phone support.  Support can be reached at 800-334-5144 or you can open a case on-line.  Keep in mind that a case opened on-line has a 24hr response time.

Once the case is opened you can let them know about the bug you have found so they can determine if that is a know bug or a new one.  If it is a new one this will allow our development team to start processing a fix.  They can also help you with your key size questions as well.

With respect to moving to the latest firmware I always recommend that my customers use a stable code release unless something (a new feature or design need) drives a firmware change.  If .49 has what you need use it and life will be good.  I have run into customers having difficulty with bugs when moving to the latest code release at every manufacture I have work at including Cisco.

If you have a local sales/SA team I would inform them as well.

Thanks,

Greg

J_Warren
Frequent Visitor

Re: Multiple issues w/ firmware W.14.70 on 2910al-48G switches

I've found the exact same issue this week and attempted the reflashing, factory reset etc.

The bug also affects accessing the switch while in a stack, when trying to view the 2910 settings you get a message saying the page cannot be displayed.

I ended up just running the config through the CLI. In further googling, it looks like if you contact support directly there may be a 14.69 firmware they can supply you with that resolves the issue.