1752590 Members
3509 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Need help setting up Trunking

Joey13
Occasional Contributor

Need help setting up Trunking

At my office I have two switches.  SW-1 (HP-V1910-48G) is the switch my desktops are connected to, and SW-2 (HPE-1920 JG927A) is where my server rack with my dhcp and default gateway is connected.  Recently i've been trying to bring some cameras onto the network under VLAN 10.  All of the other traffic on the network is on VLAN 1.  One problem I have been facing is that SW-2 can talk to the server rack and any devices I plug into that switch, but nothing on SW-2 can talk to SW-1.  Overall, i've tried all variation of methods to get the switches to talk to one another but to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: Need help setting up Trunking

Hello,

On which switch you are connecting to camera on vlan10?
How switch 1 and 2 are connected?

Any routing between them?

Thanks!
Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Joey13
Occasional Contributor

The camera will be connected to SW-1.  Also their is not routing between them, as they are both directly connected with CAT 5E.  However, SW-2 is the same switch our one and olny firewall is connected to, which also acts as the default gateway. 

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Are you to pine sw 1 and sw2 ?

How both are conencted?

Is sw1 reachable from Firewall?

Is FW acting as L3 here?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Joey13
Occasional Contributor

SW-1 and  SW-2 are connected via a bridge device AND patch cable.

I also can access the CLI but it is the limited CLI which only hosts a hand full of the commands, none of which have anything to do with vlans, or trunking.

SW-1 is reachable from the firewall on VLAN 1 but not VLAN 10

and yes FW is our layer 3 device

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Is same vlan communication happening between sw1 and sw2?

Have you enabled  inter-vlan routing in Firewall?

Thanks!

Joey13
Occasional Contributor

VLAN 1 is working fine but as I stated in the original post, VLAN 10 will not communicate across switches.

Yes it is, plus the switches have a direct connection to eachother.  So they should not need to go through the firewall.