Aruba & ProVision-based
1751805 Members
5039 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nonexistent port listed in 5412zl vlan

atkscott

Nonexistent port listed in 5412zl vlan

I have a 5412zl with vlan1 showing nonexistent untagged ports. They're listed as L1-L24. The last physical ports installed in the switch is in slot H (H1-H24). Slot L is empty. See attached screenshot.

Not a big deal but how do I remove these phantom ports from this vlan/switch config file?

Thanks,

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
Vince_Whirlwind
Trusted Contributor

I've had that. I was unable to find a way to unprovision configured interfaces that belonged to modules that had been removed.

John Gelten
Regular Advisor

It is probably because you had the L-module populated in the past, and you 'hot-plug' removed the module ?

If you look at the config (via CLI), you may notice the moduile being configured (a line like module 12 type J8702A at the top of the config ). You may be able to unprovision that module by configuring no module 12 . And you probably need a reboot to really delete all remnants from the configuration.

If not for cosmetic reasons, I would do it for safety. If you ever put a new module in L, it will inherit the residual configuration that is apperenly present in the configuration. By unprovisioning module L (=module 12) you make sure that any module inserted there gets a default config. And if module 12 is indeed currently provisioned in the configuration, you won't be able to use any other type of module in slot 12 than the one that is provisioned.

Vince_Whirlwind
Trusted Contributor

If you take a module out of L, and then insert a new module in L, and that new module is a different kind of module, then you will have to do a reboot.