1752770 Members
5396 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OpenFlow Meters

Ramzah_Rehman
Advisor

OpenFlow Meters

I have a question related to the implementation of OpenFlow meter in OpenFlow enabled ARUBA 2930F switches. OpenFlow meters are implemented following the token bucket approach which involves filling the bucket with tokens every specific duration time. My question is, at what timescales, is the bucket refilled with tokens. What is the duration between the last filling and the next filling of tokens in the switch? Looking forward to a reply.

4 REPLIES 4
Som77
HPE Pro

Re: OpenFlow Meters

Hi Rehman,

I did review the administartor guide below regarding your qeury, there is nothing really specifying about the interval at which the bucket gets refilled with tokens on the switch.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05365339&docLocale=en_US

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ramzah_Rehman
Advisor

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, there's no information in the documents regarding this. I was hoping to get an answer here, as I need this information for my research. If anybody has worked on it or can obtain this information and share it with me, I would be really glad.

Som77
HPE Pro

Hi Rehman,

If the feature is unavailable in Document or on the latest firmwar.

Then it will be a new feature/Enhancement request that should come via Sales.

If your accont has Account Support Manager it should go through him.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ramzah_Rehman
Advisor

It is actually not a feature I am requesting, it is some implementation information that I am requesting. Who would be the best person to ask about some information that is not mentioned in the documents?