3782 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Operating System on HPE 2620 and 2530

PatricioOrtega
Occasional Contributor

Operating System on HPE 2620 and 2530

Hello Dear Community,

Well, at my job we are buying brand-new Switches (Aruba 2530) and we have a doubt about Operating System...

Actually we have HPE 2620 Switches and we know how tu configure and use it... The feature more important is CLI... it is beacause also we have some Switches with Linux OS and it are and real headache... All is by web interface D:  ....

I was searching which OS has an Aruba 2530 and HPE 2620 but I couldn't find anything.... we need the same interface by web or CLI....

Where can I found the OS info?

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
jonare
Advisor

Re: Operating System on HPE 2620 and 2530

As the earlier branches of Provision switches the Aruba units have a full SSH interface.

OS: https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=J9776A

SSH enable: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0134172

Hope it helps, drop me a line for further assistance.

Jon.

Jon Are Endrerud
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Operating System on HPE 2620 and 2530

@PatricioOrtega wrote:

Hello Dear Community,

Well, at my job we are buying brand-new Switches (Aruba 2530) and we have a doubt about Operating System...

Actually we have HPE 2620 Switches and we know how tu configure and use it... The feature more important is CLI... it is beacause also we have some Switches with Linux OS and it are and real headache... All is by web interface D:  ....

I was searching which OS has an Aruba 2530 and HPE 2620 but I couldn't find anything.... we need the same interface by web or CLI....

Where can I found the OS info?

Cheers!

Hi @PatricioOrtega, both Switches you have run on ArubaOS-Switch operating system (ArubaOS-Switch is the actual well known HP ProVision operating system - used on HP ProCurve Switches - rebranded, enhanced and currently actively developed due to HPE purchase of Aruba): Aruba 2530 uses the ArubaOS-Switch YA software branch; Aruba 2620 uses the ArubaOS-Switch RA software branch...so both CLIs will be basically the same (if Switches' features are exactly the same) and Web Interface for Web Management, if available on those Switch series, should be the same too.

September 2017 Features Matrix about ArubaOS-Switch 16.04 (for listed actively supported software branches) can be found here.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner