1752660 Members
5750 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProCurve 2524 Switch

Carl Whitmarsh
Occasional Contributor

ProCurve 2524 Switch

I have a ProCurve 2524 switch, and running TopTools 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server.

Every so often I get a dropped connection on a few ports. The connection will not reconnect unless I reset the switch. It is always the same four ports that drop.

Any Ideas? Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Eric Sorensen_1
Honored Contributor

Hello Carl,

This forum is focused on MPE. You might find an answer in the Microsoft or netserver forums.
A problem well defined is half solved.
Jeff Durham
Occasional Advisor

Hey Carl. Which 4 ports are you having problems with? What firmware are you running on the switch? The latest is 9.09 so you might want to consider making that happen. Also, do you know what you speed/duplex settings are on the NIC's as well as the corresponding switch ports on the 2524? Are you getting CRC errors or just drops? What do your port counters and event logs say about this? If you want, give me a call. I work for HP's networking division. I can be reached at 970-635-1000 opt. 3 and then opt. 2. Just ask for Jeff and they'll know where to send you.

Take care!
Jeff
Carl Whitmarsh
Occasional Contributor

Hey Jeff,
Beleive it or not I upgraded the server to IE 6, and have not had a droped port since. It seems maybe, that top tools 5.5 needs IE 6? What do you think?
Thanks for the reply.
Carl
Jeff Durham
Occasional Advisor

Hey Carl. Sounds good to me! If it worked, then it worked. You may have inadvertently found a band-aid. As long as you are running SP 2 on your 2K server, it should work out just fine. Let me know how things turn out.

Jeff