1752701 Members
5451 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

ProCurve 2620-24 Factory Defaults

pgrunow
Occasional Visitor

ProCurve 2620-24 Factory Defaults

I have recently moved into a company where there is basically ZERO documentation.  Unfortunately this means I have no way of getting access to the network switches all spread throughout the property.

I have a handful of HP 2620-24 switches that i need to get to factory settings so i can re-configure them

Unfortunately holding the RESET and CLEAR buttons and releasing the RESET and then waiting for the TEST light to blink and then releasing CLEAR doesnt seem to do anything except let me chose VIA CONSOLE to boot primary image, secondary image, or ROM monitor

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ProCurve 2620-24 Factory Defaults

Can you choose to boot to primary or secondary and get to the login promt? If so, try clearing the passwords by pushing the clear button for 5 seconds. That will let you into the console without authenticating. Once in, you can use the "erase startup-config" command to reset to factory defaults.

But it kind of sounds like the software has gotten erased or corrupted, which won't happen during the normal factory reset that you tried. In that case, you can use xmodem from the boot menus to transfer a new software image to the switch and boot. It will take 20 or so minutes to transfer but it will work.