Aruba & ProVision-based
1753461 Members
4967 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems to cancel connection rate filter and trunk on two port on HP-E5406zl

klausunt
Visitor

Problems to cancel connection rate filter and trunk on two port on HP-E5406zl

Hello,

we have a problem to cancel connection rate filter and trunk on two port on HP-E5406zl.

we would like to disable two ports the trunk (port b15 and b16 - configured as trk4)

but we can't disable this trk, because there is configured a filter connection rate..

see screenshot.

what can we do to cancel this trk.

thank you for you help

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to ProCurve / ProVision-Based. - Hp forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Chrisd131313
Trusted Contributor

Re: Problems to cancel connection rate filter and trunk on two port on HP-E5406zl

Hi klausunt,

Try "no connection-rate-filter" without the trunk or port number at the end of teh command.

HTH

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to mark a post resolved if your question was answered.
Brad_199
Frequent Advisor

I believe the ports are case sensitive. Certainly seems to be the case on my 5406.

Try Trk4 and/or B15.......
Local_Itsupport
Occasional Visitor

I also have this problem, for many moths now, and the problem is that the connection rate filter software sees both trunk and individual ports.

The switch sees the ports as trunks, and connection rate filte sees them as invidual port and NOT trunks.

The software error is in HP connection rate command, because this error occours when you add or remove ports from and to a trunk port using the almigthy copy and paste command from a previuos configuration file.

You can use the command no connection-rate-filter all, and then you will see what ports are affected by this problem.

Today, I dont see a cure.

I have rebootet the switch, no luck

I have turned connection rate filter off and on, no luck

if you find a way to correct this please update this forum.

Currently I run K.15.09.0004 and I will update the software to the latest version but I dont see this error corrected in any bug list provided by HP.

Local_Itsupport
Occasional Visitor

I updated my 5406 firmware to K.15.13.0008, ROM K.15.30

That did not help.

This looks more and more as a software bug.

First some parts of the running configuration.

Here is the first part

fault-finder duplex-mismatch-fdx sensitivity high
trunk B10,B12 trk2 lacp
trunk A22 trk4 trunk
trunk A8 trk5 trunk
trunk A11-A14 trk6 trunk
trunk B3,D19 trk9 lacp
filter connection-rate A8,A11-A14,A22,B10,B12 notify-only
max-vlans 64

I have for the looks added faultfinder and max vlans, just to show that there is nothing above or below the configuration.

I have tried to delete trk2,trk4,trk6 not trk9, I were successful in removing other trk┬┤s.

The problem here, is, the switch see B10,B12 as trk2 and filter connection-rate does not see trk2 just the interfaces and I can easily add and remove trk2 from the filter connection-rate.

Another problem with the ports, is that I cannot remove the flow-control.

ip routing
ip udp-bcast-forward
ipv6 unicast-routing
interface A8
   flow-control
   exit
interface A11
   flow-control
   exit
interface A12
   flow-control
   exit
interface A13
   flow-control
   exit
interface A14
   flow-control
   exit
interface A22
   flow-control
   exit
interface B10
   flow-control
   exit
interface B12
   flow-control
   exit

I cannot remove the flow control, it simply says "general error" when I do.

Also, when looking further in the configuration, I see missing interfaces

interface D19
   name "uplink"
   exit
interface Trk9
   dhcp-snooping trust
   exit
snmp-server community "public" operator unrestricted

I see the interface for trk2,trk4,trk5,trk6 is missing and I have no explanation for this other than it looks like a software bug. 

I will be making a support case for this, please everyone else, also create your own support case so HP gets as much info as possible to correct this issue.

This happens, when I tried to remove trk2,trk4,trk5,trk6 and I cannot remember in which order I did issue the commands.