Aruba & ProVision-based
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about VLANs on 2510-48

Occasional Contributor

Question about VLANs on 2510-48

I have experience configuring VLANs on Cisco equipment and this is my first with ProCurve.  

Basically I have a Linksys WRT54GSv1.1 running DD-WRT with multiple DHCP servers and VLAN trunking out of port 4  (I set port 48 to tag vlan1/2/3/4).  The thing I'm wondering about is, setting up the VLANs by manually entering the IPs.  Would it be best to set it to DHCP?  Because when I set the IP address of the switch to like 10.50.1.2 in the "Setup" section of the Manager Console, it changes the Default_VLAN which is the management-VLAN to that IP address.  If I set it back to 10.50.1.1, when I try to access the router web gui, it takes me to the Procurve web browser.

Also, the Default Gateway option, do I need to fill anything in there?  There is only one router in the network setup.

1 REPLY 1
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about VLANs on 2510-48

Hi,

Your switch do not support basic inter-vlan routing.

So you can only configure one vlan with an ip address for management purpose.

Because your router host DHCP for each vlan, and those vlan are directly connected to your switch with tagged port the configuration will work.

Switch configuration :

ip default-gateway x.x.x.x (ip address of your router interface in the corresponding vlan)

vlan 100
   ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

exit

Bye.