108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Routed Port

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul1969

Routed Port

Hi,

I have a Aruba 3810 which I need to create a routed port to a Cisco Switch.

The Cisco Switch already has an IP of x.x.x.1 and I wish to connect this port with MM fibre to a port on the Aruba.

My underrstaining is that on the 3810 I cannot assigned a ip directly to an interface. Is this correct ?

I have configured a vlan with an ip of x.x.x.2 and put the port in the vlan and connected the fibre between the 2 ports.

Although the ports appear to be active I cannot see / ping either of the ip addresses from either side.

Is this a valid configuration ? Can you directly connect a routed port on a Cisco device to an Aruba Switch with a member port in a SVI ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

@Paul1969 wrote: My underrstaining is that on the 3810 I cannot assigned a ip directly to an interface. Is this correct ?

Yes, it is. Correct.

@Paul1969 wrote: I have configured a vlan with an ip of x.x.x.2 and put the port in the vlan and connected the fibre between the 2 ports. Although the ports appear to be active I cannot see / ping either of the ip addresses from either side. Is this a valid configuration ? Can you directly connect a routed port on a Cisco device to an Aruba Switch with a member port in a SVI ?

Yes, you can...is the port uplinked to your Cisco untagged on desired VLAN?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Paul1969
Solution

Thanks for your reply.

I've sorted this now. I didnt untag the traffic on the desired vlan!

Thought I had but when i checked I had not........

Paul