4960 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SFP compatibility

Traz0m
Occasional Visitor

SFP compatibility

Hello,

I need to replace some network switch HPE to get more ports. I want to use HPE 5710 series but I need to interconnect them with HPE5120 with 10GBe module (I can not change the switch). The problem is that the only SFP 10Gbe modules compatible with HPE5710 are JL437A and JL439A that are not in the compatibility list of the HPE 5120.

Could anyone let me know where I can find if the JL437A or JL439A module would be compatible with HPE5120 ? What other option could I have to interconnect HPE 5120 in 10 GBe with HPE 5710 or other switch ?

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Can't you use the HPE X130 10G SFP+ LC SR Transceiver (JL437A) on the HPE 5710 side and the HPE X130 10G SFP+ LC SR Transceiver (JD092B) on the HPE 5120 side? two different SKUs respectively supported on each end.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Traz0m
Occasional Visitor

Hello and thank you for your answer. Am I sure it would be compatible ? I have no way to test or change so I must be sure.

Regards,
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Each respective SFP+ Transceiver is supported on its switch series as reported by related Datasheets/QuickSpecs...the physical link is - or it should be - an (agnostic) media type which is exactly a Fiber Optic cable...so the question will be...is the Fiber Optic cable type (Single Mode? Multi-Mode? lenght [*]?) supported on both ends SFP+ Transceivers?

[*] we're speaking here about SFP+ Transceivers made for SR Short Range.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner