108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

STP Isolating switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kambo
Visitor

STP Isolating switch

We have 4 HP Procurve 2810-24G (J9021A) switches. The switches are all configured all the same and connected as per the attached diagram. We have Spanning Tree Enabled on all the switches. What is happening is Switch02 is being isolated and we can not get to it via the management IP or any server plugged into get access to the network. The idea is we plug each server into a pair of switches to all redundancy i.e.. Switch 3 and Switch 4.

Reading the log I can see STP is blocking the ports that connect to switch 2.

What do I need to to make this setup work.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

Re: STP Isolating switch

That should work OK, unless you have something odd in your configuration.

If you are able to leave the network as shown for debugging, could you post the output of "show span" on switches 3 and 4, please?

Kambo
Visitor

The problem we have is we had to power down Switch 2 and Switch 4 as we could not get it to work. I could try and connect it agaian but that would mean I will need to arrange down time as this is in the Data Centre. I was wondering if you could let me know what I am looking for.

Kambo
Visitor
Solution

Issue has been resolved now. We had no connection between Switch 1 and Switch 2 . This was done and the STP priority was set on which 1 was set to be the default. Switch 2 is not being isolated anymore. Thanks to all those the replied.