Aruba & ProVision-based
1753928 Members
9441 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Send to syslog server IP address and MAC address connected and disconnected to switch on port

riahc3
Occasional Advisor

Send to syslog server IP address and MAC address connected and disconnected to switch on port

Hello.

Im trying to setup on a HP 2530 messages to syslog.

I specifically want to setup one that says something similar to "Port 2 with IP 192.168.1.33 and MAC 34:AA:43:43:33:33 is up" and "Port 2 with IP 192.168.1.33 and MAC 34:AA:43:43:33:33 is down"

As you can see, I include port number, IP and MAC address although it may be only possible to include port number and MAC address.

The switch has no port security nor MAC lockdown configured

Ive read thru the syslog guide, but I cannot find anything useful. On the CLI, there is a mac-notify command, but Im not sure if that is useful in my case

Can someone lend me a hand?

Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: Send to syslog server IP address and MAC address on port Query Id: #20178

Hello,

I believe its difficult to get specific logs in syslog.

You will get the same notification in syslog which switch generates in logbuffer.

Thanks!
I am an HPE Employee

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: Send to syslog server IP address and MAC address connected and disconnected to switch on port

Hello,

Has my post helped you to answer your query?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo