1748080 Members
5134 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Serial Numbers on switch and blade switch

ZedViper
Occasional Advisor

Serial Numbers on switch and blade switch

Sorry wasnt sure which area to put this in , I have two faulty switches ( 2610 model and a 24 port blade model) for which I am trying to log a call with hpe for but both serial numbers are not being recognised, they are old switches. any reason anyone would know why this is the case.I have had older switches that have been replaced under warranty of the same models

6 REPLIES 6
akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Can you please share output to see serial numbers or the serial numbers?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
ZedViper
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply the switch is faulty and frozen , unable to reset or clear , have tried power cycling as well. The S/N is from the back of the switch , but HP dont recognise it 

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please share the snapshot of the serial number from back of the switch or serial number?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
ZedViper
Occasional Advisor

Confidential info erased

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

I believe this serial number is not linked with the account.  If you have contract ID or SAID then share with support or engage local sales.

There might be need of replacement of the switch.

Thanks!

ZedViper
Occasional Advisor

Hi thanks, thats what I was trying to find out why some s/n work fine and others dont seem to be recognised, yet all are HP switches