108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to Access HP Procurve 2626

SOLVED
Go to solution
Seamore93
Occasional Visitor

Unable to Access HP Procurve 2626

I have been trying to access the switch via serial as I do not know its current configuration. I have tried a plethora of options and clients with no results. I receive nothing when trying to access the switch, regardless of settings. Ive ran it at 9600 and at max per another threads suggestion with 8/1/N and XON/XOFF, all of which yield a blank screen. The switch functions fine otherwise and I don't know what else to do. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

What's about using the wrong cable to connect to its RS-232C DB-9 console port? just a guess...

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Seamore93
Occasional Visitor

I'm using a standard DB-9 cable. Unless some of the pins are filpped somehow it should work just fine if im thinking correctly, right?

parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Any standard DB9/DB9 Null Modem cable should work...better if you have the HP original one that came with the switch (no doubt with that one) but it shouldn't be strictly necessary to use the HP branded one.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Seamore93
Occasional Visitor

Sorry for the delay in response. Since it will be a bit for me to scrounge up another DB9 cable and thats the most likely culprit I am going to mark this as the solution. Thank you very much!