6705 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading Switch to the secondary partition

cdelarosa
Occasional Visitor

Upgrading Switch to the secondary partition

Hello Guys im new in here and also new to HP products

I was wondering if this primary and secondary partition is like Aruba Partition 0 and partition 1

For Aruba the best practice would be if you are running in the partition 0 then upgrade to the partition 1, and if you are runnning in the partition 1 then upgrade in the partition 0.

It is something similar in HP? if im running in the primary partition i should upgrade in to the secondary and leave it there? or in HP is different?

I have seen online videos or how to upgrade and they always seems to upgrade in the primary partition.   Which makes me wonder why you do that if you got 2 partitions, which i suppose that if you are running in the primary partition then you must upgrade it to the secondary partition becasue if something happen you just can load the switch on the primary partition with the firmware that was working fine.

Anyways just asking because im not sure and im just suppposing is like that

Cheers

Carlos

2 REPLIES 2
EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

I would recommend upgrading the position that is not currently in use. Both primary and secondary can be used interchangeably. After upgrade, using the "boot system flash primary" or "boot system flash secondary" command will boot to that partition and subsequent boots/power cycles will continue to boot to the same position.

cdelarosa
Occasional Visitor

Then is the same as with the Aruba controller

Thank you, just wanted to confirm that

Cheers

Carlos