Aruba & ProVision-based
1753745 Members
4939 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VLAN Routing between 3 2910al switches (non-stacked)

lock55

VLAN Routing between 3 2910al switches (non-stacked)

I am having a bit of a challang adding a third 2910al to a current working configuration of 2 2910al switches that have 2 vlans and a trunks between them to pass the vlan traffic. All is well and hass been with the 2 switch setup, as mentioned these switches are stand alones and not part of a stack.

I attemted to add the third switch with a trunk back to the one switch that is tied to our gateway, I was apprehensive about that and did it off hours luckily. In going through many configuration examples I see many two switch configurations which I understand and the omes with 2 + switches are in stacked configurations which additional hardware is in play. Can anyone give me some light on adding a third switch to a stand alone config?

P.S, This thread has been moevd from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to ProCurve / ProVision-Based. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

Re: VLAN Routing between 3 2910al switches (non-stacked)

I imagine you can configure your 3rd switch almost identically as your 2nd switch is already configured - just give it a different IP address.

The main config that should be the same are:

- the vlans

- uplink switchport