Aruba & ProVision-based
1748052 Members
4688 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

configuration of port port(T) and port (S) as both the have the same port number

Bijukiv
Advisor

configuration of port port(T) and port (S) as both the have the same port number

I have a query for configuration of 10/100/1000-t (T) and SFP (s) port for the switch HP 2920 48G-poe

As the both the ports have the same port number. 

TO make port 48r has management port what is the command ?

How to make port 47s and 48s as trunk ?

regards

Biju

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: configuration of port port(T) and port (S) as both the have the same port number

Those ports are Dual Personality ports: you can use just one of them at time...if you use a {45,46,47,48}T (copper) port then you can't use concurrently also the same {45,46,47,48}S (SFP) port and vice-versa. This is the meaning of Dual Personality (T/S), one or the other.

Once you are aware of that characteristic you can decide to configure a LAG (Link Aggregation Group) made of two member ports (as example: 47S+48S equipped with SFP Modules or 47T+48T) and use that newly created trunk - configured as static or LACP, it's up to you and your requirments - to uplink your Switch to another manageable Switch (or to a Server with NICs teamed/bonded).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
starkesh

Re: configuration of port port(T) and port (S) as both the have the same port number

Hi,

I could not catch that.

How we can make them trunk?

I connect one of them to another switch. I have the light on but no ping.

Cheers