7864 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: distributed trunk

zuhair-it
Occasional Advisor

distributed trunk

Hi

i want to know what distributed trunk & InterSwitch-Connect (ISC) port meaning in HP Switch ??

Network Engineer
4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hello,

ArubaOS-Switch operating system based Aruba switch series (and even before, when ArubaOS-Switch's previous brand name was for so long known as ProVision operating system for ProCurve switch series) have all good documentation reporting DT Distributed Trunking information...so it should be a matter of grabbing some HP ProCurve (or ArubaOS-Switch) Management and Configuration guides and look for Distributed Trunking subject.

If you're lazy...there is this very recent thread on AirHeads Community (Aruba, now part of HPE) in which a Distributed Trunking guide was attached...not forgetting that also within this very HPE Community Distributed Trunking (with ISC link) was discussed profusely during the years.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
zuhair-it
Occasional Advisor

Your response should be civilized (lazy) and useful to all participants. If you have access to these topics, remember that there are other people they do not know.

Network Engineer
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Are you serious?

I have the same access level to whatever networking topics you can image of...exactly like you: the difference is that - at first - one should spend some time and search and then, if what was searched can't be easily found (remembering that we're speaking about public domain documents - switch configuration guides - and well discussed topics), that user should finally ask...if you don't look for as first instance that means you like to go through the fast lane by asking directly without trying any attempt to learn-by-yourself (there is a lot of available documentation and disscusion on every topic you can image of...you just hit Google search or HPE Community Search feature) the term I used ("lazy") is totally correct and polite considering I provided you various answers (plus a link to a useful PDF document).

Anyway I'm sorry if I hurt your sensibility (note that I wrote if you're lazy and not you're lazy, doesn't matter).

For the records: be calm and start reading...take your time and start your journey here (HPE Support Portal) looking for Management and Configuration guides for the HP/Aruba Switch Series about which you want to deploy (or just understand) the DT+ISC concept.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
zuhair-it
Occasional Advisor

OK, never mind

Dear brother I am reading the same subject that you sent me before but I needed some clarification

Network Engineer